To enhance and enrich the lives of those with disabilities
by opening minds through communication, education,
and removal of barriers
Identify, remove and prevent barriers in the public and
private sectors in accordance with the
Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA)
and the standards within this Act
Establishing the accessibility needs of organizations will not only assist us in
identifying and removing barriers, but will also assist people with disabilities
in accessing your organization's products and services.
- Over thirteen (13) years experience with disability/accessibility issues.
- Vast and updated knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Well developed interactive, fun and educational, Accessible Customer Service Training workshops in accordance with the Customer Service Standard: Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- Accessibility Assessments that meet the requirements of the Ontario Building Code and the recommendations of the Canadian Standards Association - Barrier-Free Design regulations, as well as the AODA Draft Built Environment Standard.
- Needs Assessments to determine your company's policies, practices and procedures in conjunction with the AODA and the standards within this Act.
- Policy Review and Development of all policies in accordance with the AODA and the standards within this Act.
- Accessible Customer Service Management Overview Workshop includes the requirements and priorities that your organization must consider in order to comply with the AODA legislation.
- Information Session includes all legislative requirements
- Consultant for businesses, municipalities, hospitals, colleges, school boards, and numerous professional organizations.
ACCESSIBILITY LEGISLATION: IS YOUR BUSINESS PREPARED?
- Do you know what the accessibility requirements of your business are?
- Are you aware of how this legislation affects your business and employees?
Do you know what the accessibility requirements of your business are?
As of January 1, 2008, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, Customer Service Standard came into effect.
The Customer Service Standard includes:
- Mandatory Accessible Customer Service Training for all staff (including volunteers) on how to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability.
- Establishment of policies, practices and procedures that are required on providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- January 1, 2010 was the compliance date for businesses in the Public Sector
- January 1, 2012 is the compliance date for businesses in the Private Sector
Other AODA Standards
Built Environment: addresses barriers to physical environment such as (but not limited to):
access, egress, parking, security and signage.
INTEGRATED ACCESSIBILITY REGULATION
Consists of: Information & Communication Standard, Employment Standard and Transportation Standard
EFFECTIVE ACCESSIBILITY CONSULTING HAS SOLUTIONS
For more information or to book a consultation, call Effective Accessibility Consulting at 705-735-6177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org